TUTORIAL BY PSCS5; How to make this .gif effect
Requested: rockvatoz submitted: bby, could you please do a tutorial on this? http://cherzolanski.tumblr.com/post/25653682426
As you can see, I did mines a little bit different because I did not feel like downloading two other videos, so I decided just to do it with one. But it’s the same process.
1. Open up your image. If your image is in it’s regular size, crop it to 500px.
2. Edit your picture.
3. Now your going to select the Slice Tool. To find the Slice Tool click on the Crop Tool, right click it then select the Tool:
4. Once you select the Slice Tool, at the top, select Fixed Ratio and put your width and height like the measurements shown in the picture above.
5. Now click on the picture to make a slice. You can move the slice to where you first want to start of the picture by clicking on it.
6. Now add 5 more slices, they should all be placed next to each other. No spaces should be between the slices.
7. Once your done with all your slices, this is what it should look like:
8. Now to save your slices, use whatever settings you usually use when you save a picture. And to keep this organized make a New Folder so when you save the slices you know where they are. I named my folder “slices”
9. Okay so just go to File → Save for Web and Devices. Click Save. Now the window of where you want to save the slices will show up. Look for your Folder. But before you click save, make sure you have these as your settings:
10. You are now done with your slices.
11. Make your .gifs now. Crop them to 160px • 210px.
12. Edit your .gifs and make them b&w.
13. Open up your picture slices.
14. Once you have them open, start dragging one of the slices onto one .gif. Make sure that the slices are at the top of your coloring and .gif.
15. Repeat this process once you have all the slices on top of the .gifs.
16. Click on the picture slice and change the opacity to 50.
17. Repeat this process to all your slices. ‘
18. Save each .gif.
19. Upload your six .gifs onto tumblr. Click on the last Photoset option when you have uploaded all the .gifs.
20. Your done!